One of my all time favorite ways to relax is to binge watch Netflix. I know I could be going to the gym or catching up on my study but honestly nothing beats snuggling up on the couch with a hot chocolate, a cozy blanket and turning on Netflix. So as it is semester break and all I’ve done so far is catch up on favorite shows I thought I should compile all of Netflix’s best shows that I have watched so far and share it with you guys. After reading this list you’ll realize I love my rom-com and inappropriately funny shows.
NOTE: I am situated in New Zealand so these shows are only limited to NZ Netflix.
Lovey Dovey Stuff
- Love; This is one of my all time favorite shows. I think that everyone has a little bit of Mickey and a little bit of Gus in them so it is so easy to relate to the main characters and get lost in their journey for love and the mishaps that happen in between.
- Lovesick; This show is about how much effort some people put in to find “the one” and how your could be right in front of you.
- Orange is The New Black; took me so long to get into this show and now I can’t stop obsessing over it. I love how everyone is portrayed differently which makes you relate to and understand every character.
- Skins; could watch this show over and over again. I loved this show when I was 15 and still love it 4 years later.
- Shameless; I’m slowly getting my way through this but am so far this show and the eye candy in it.
- Broadchurch; this show dragged me in from the first episode with its tragedy. Again this show has a lot of different characters but they develop really well.
- GirlBoss; who doesn’t love a show based on female success? This show also inspired me to do what I love not just what pays the bills.
- Thirteen Reasons Why; There was so much hype for this show when it first came out so of course I had to watch it. I haven’t finished it yet but it is a really interesting watch. NOTE: This show can be triggering
- Stranger Things; At first I didn’t think I would like this show but it was really well done. Did give me a few frights though. TIP: If you get scared easily watch during the day.
NOTE: Some of these shows have inappropriate comedy in them so depending on your humor you may love it or hate it.
- Inbetweeners; Oh My God. This is probably my favorite show. Even after re-watching it about 7 times it never fails to make me laugh.
- Brooklyn Nine Nine; I love shows on crime and comedy so of course this show tickled my fancy.
- Chewing Gum; I had seen the hype on Tumblr but only just watched it. I watched both seasons in 2 days, it was that good. So funny but also explores topics like sex, religion, race, family and friendship.
- Fresh Meat; another show that has many characters but shows their development along the way.
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air; I watched this show as a kid but re-watching again now that I’m older it is a bit easier to understand some of the situations better.
- BoJack Horseman; who doesn’t love a show based on animated animals that act like humans?
- Rick and Morty; not one of my all time favorites but is something a little different. NOTE: Some episodes in this show are inappropriate so viewer discretion is required.
Based on a True Story
- The People VS OJ Simpson; Admittedly I had no idea who OJ Simpson was but after this program I understood everything that happened throughout the trial. Really interesting watch.